17 September 2009

Ahhhh ... Parking ...

my cross stitch needles that is.  I finally made it back to Michael' today to pick up the pack of needles and floss I forgot on Saturday while I was there.

I left the house with a plan ... drop off my prescription ... head to Michael's ... then be at my pet sitting job at noon.  It didn't happen.  I was stuck in the line from hell at Michael's for twenty minutes.  It was okay as I made friends with the ladies surrounding.  We bitched and moaned together for a bit, but soon talked about our kids, grandkids and other life happenings.  The lady in front of me was even nice enough to give me a 40% off coupon.  The grand total of my purchase coming to $1.39.  It was worth the twenty minute wait to talk and get a good discount.

I miss having the Rag Shop right up the road.  It only took me about five minutes to get there, where as now it takes me twenty minutes to get to Michael's.  The closest cross stitch shop is thirty to forty minutes away.  Most of my stuff I order online, but when you only need a couple skeins of floss or a pack of needles (and need them immediately) Michael's is the only store left.  It's sad really.

So ... I'm happily stitching away and no longer have to keep changing the needle with each change of color.  It's going much faster and you'll be able to see the results tomorrow.   I'm really enjoying stitching on this piece again ... it's the perfect time of year to work on it ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment