16 September 2009

Jamie always asks the most thought provoking questions.  This week is no exception.  After giving it a bit of thought my answer came to me.  I wish to stretch my wings and do more for dogs.  Friday is last last day doing the group therapy and I really wish to find something to do with my spare time.  I haven't volunteered in years, and know it's my lifes calling.  I know I can do so much for the dogs in the shelters.  I'd be an asset the the shelter I'm going to be volunteering for.

I guess it's in rememberance of the four year anniversary of going down and helping out the Humane Society of LA. after hurricane Katrina.  It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.  It wore me out physically, mentally and emotionally ... but spiritually it was the highest I've ever felt.  I remember saving a few lives while we were there and it was gratifying work.  I want that feeling back again ... although I do wish to forgo the other three parts.  I have to put a boundary up and not feel like I have to bring anyone home with me.  I'm perfectly satisfied with three mutts and don't want to get the pack back up to four.

Last week I also put a request out to the universe asking for a few more pet sitting jobs on and off.  Monday I got a call from a gentleman who got my phone number from the animal hospital I used to work at.  I was really surprised they actually had put my name on the list of pet sitters they recommend.  Unfortunately he needed someone to stay over night with his dogs and it's just not fesible for me to do at this time.  Not with three mutts of my own who sleep with me at night.  It got me thinking I need to come up with my fees and some paper work for the client to fill out.  Really got me happy ... so I'd like to stretch my wings out into the universe and put my request out there.  Both for my volunteer work (with my long term goal of going out to Dogtown for a week and working)  and to acquire a couple more pet sitting clients.

13 comments:

CP said...

As Pennie wishes for herself, so too do I wish for Pennie!
~Shamsi

Anonymous said...

As Pennie wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also!

Karen D said...

as Pennie wishes for herself, so i wish for her also.

Anna said...

As Pennie wishes for herself, so i wish for her also. :-)

Lexington said...

As Pennie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Marisa said...

As Pennie wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also! Good luck.

Ms. Becky said...

I just love that you are stretching out to dogs. Those who need us most. As Pennie wishes for herself, so too do I wish for her. :)

Jenni said...

as Pennie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. bright blessings!

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

As Pennie wishes for herself, so do I too wish for her. Your heartfelt post touched me.

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

As Pennie wishes for herself I so wish for her as well.

Morgaine Pendragon said...

As Pennie wishes for herself I wish for her also.

Jamie Ridler said...

As Pennie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

I wish it too on behalf of all of those you're meant to touch :)

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Sounds wonderful! As Pennie wishes for herself so I wish for her also. :)

Post a Comment