04 September 2009

I saw Joy last night...


Our friend who lives in the big old cedar tree beside our screened in porch showed up. Why is it whenever she's out there at night I always have this uplifted feeling... a feeling of pure joy... hence her name.
We live in the 'burbs and consider our little bird/squirrel feeding spot a small wild life sanctuary. Besides Joy and the various birds and squirrels (whom I've named) we have a possum and a skunk who also visit. We usually stay away when Ms. skunk decides to visit us.
Having our sanctuary also keeps them out of the garden, which is a huge added bonus.
Since it's a full moon tonight I've decided to do a ritual from the book "The Four Insights" by Alberto Villoldo. It involves releasing us from the roles we label ourselves with. The full moon is the best time to do releasing of any kind. I find it so ironic I started the book and came upon the first ritual right at the exact time to do it. Karma definitely at work here and a sign to continue reading.
Group was really boring today. I was a little disappointed and felt like I had basically wasted my time going. It seems the counselors were already of the "three day weekend" mind set and didn't even have group lessons. Needless to say it was a long three hours. I guess it's to be expected every now and again, but I hope it's later rather than sooner.
Tonight is pizza night around here. I'll be heading up soon to start prepping it. It's been a Friday night ritual for us for as long as I can remember. I enjoy making it...kneading the dough... grading the cheese ... adding a little love along the way. Pizza night is a good night...

0 comments:

Post a Comment