08 September 2009


A little over a year ago I sunk into the deep dark world of depression and anxiety. My therapist suggested I see a psychiatrist to “tweak” my medication. What I didn’t realize (in my darkness) was the medication attributed to my sleeping constantly.
I lost all interest in all things I used to find enjoyable and started smoking cannabis to help get some motivation. It was the only way I felt I could do anything creative…I missed my creativity. I knew what I was doing was wrong… but couldn’t stop for a long time. When I finally did I majorly crashed.
I wanted to be commited, but when I found I wouldn’t be able to get released for our fourteen year old Dalmatian if her time should come (it did a week after I asked). I decided to do a partial hospitalization program. It’s the best thing I’ve ever done for myself in my entire life.
I’m finally feeling like “me” again. My medications have been tweaked and the sessions I attend teach me coping skills. It’s group therapy, which I thought I’d never like, and I’ve met and made some very good friends. The only thing missing was getting those creative juices flowing again.
Then I decided to take up blogging again to write out my story and keep progress of how I’m doing. I began searching for other blogs to inspire me and get me over my creative bump. Thanks goodness I found Jamie Ridler Studios. =) She’s given me the inspiration I need to get those creative juices going again.
Good example is the September Full Moon Dreamboard. This is the first time I’ve ever done anything like this. I felt like a little child entering a new world of art when I started cutting pictures out of old magazines. At first I didn’t know what to cut out…but then I let myself go and cut out what appealed to me. I’m not sure what my board means, but to me it’s a symbol of getting my creative groove back. Thank you Jamie =)


1 comments:

Karen D said...

what a lovely dreamboard, i especially like the picture of the woman and the tree.

Post a Comment