08 September 2009

Bye-Bye Klonopin


Saturday evening was the last night of my slow withdrawal from Klonopin. When I joined the treatment/group program for my depression/anxiety one of the very first steps the psychiatrist took was to start this slow process. Too fast and one of the side effects could be seizures. Yikes!! I didn’t realize what a powerful drug this was and how much it was affecting me in such a negative manner. Coming off of it is no easier than being on it was.
I’ve started with the “shakes” and it’s hard, at times, to even type correctly. Today I’m feeling a little “blah”… slightly depressed, but I know it’s the klonopin come down. Knowing really helps to get me through it. The other side effect which really annoys me is my jaw trembling. It’s weird.
In a couple of days I’ll be back to me … without a narcotic I was put on for over a year and never should have been on. I didn’t realize this, I didn’t do my homework on it. I learned a valuable lesson from it though. Funny how we end up learning lessons (the hard way). Any drug I’ve been put on since I’ve done my research on. I’ve been more aware of myself for any symptoms they may be causing. So far my change has netted me much better results with few (if any) side effects.
If this step down to being completely free from klonopin goes like my weeks of slowly weaning myself I should be feeling better around Wednesday. Until then I gratefully deal with the shakes and blahs as I know it’s my systems way of reacting to withdrawal from this drug.
I always worried about my addictive side and stayed away from illegal drugs known for there addictiveness. I binge drank while going through the really dark times, and I smoked some weed too. Then I find out I’m addicted to a legal drug prescribed to me by a certified psychiatrist (who knew of my addictive tendencies).
No use staying angry about it. As I said above, I learned a very valuable lesson and I’m feeling so much more like myself most of the time. Feeling good feels so damn good…

1 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I hope everything goes well for you!

Post a Comment