18 September 2009


Woot ... another pumpkin stitched (on the far right) and I've got a start on the rake.  I even stitched a little bit on her dress (top left).  I feel like I got a lot accomplished on this wonderful piece this week.

Stitching with the oranges, yellows and browns in the pumkins while the leaves change outside is therapy in itself.  I haven't decided whether I'm going to work on this again this week or move on with the rotation. 

As I was stitching one night the wonderful husband stopped and watched for a bit.  He then made a comment about all those little x's making a beautiful painting.  He just doesn't understand how it happens.  Sometimes I don't either! :)



Okay...so I was going through my stash and came across this gem.  It's Blackbird Designs "Their Song".  It was a limited edition release back in 2007 and I can't find it for sale online anywhere.  The floss colors are magnificent and I'm in the mood for another sampler.  I already know where this one is going to hang!!  The saying is:
"I value my garden more for
being full of blackbirds than of
cherries, and very frankly give
them fruit for their songs."
Joseph Addison (1672-1719)

I tea stained the linen myself and am now itching to get started on it.  I figure I'll do a four week rotation ... with the third week working on Yule presents.  We'll see how it goes ...



2 comments:

Sherry said...

I spent many happy years creating beautiful art with cross-stitching. Looking at your work has brought back a lot of joy for me. See you on the joy diet!

Grammy said...

Just stopped by to say Hi! I look forward to our new adventure into Joy. Have a great week.

Post a Comment