11 September 2009

Stitchin'

I've been working on Amaya's birth sampler for what seems like forever.  I was really burnt out on in so I decided to do a rotation and grab my Mirabilia "Autumn in My Garden"  (click title to see finished image).  I figured since it's chilly out and autumn is just around the corner it'd be a good time to stitch on it. 

I love the feel of the needle going in and out of the fabric...making those tiny x's.  It's my form of painting, although it's much slower going.  To see a picture form before your eyes... with just little x's. 


I plan on working on this one for a week and going back to the birth sampler next week.  I decided it's going to be a Yule present instead of a birthday present.  I don't like pushing myself when it comes to cross stitch.  It's a relaxing hobby so why add pressure to it in any way?  When I feel pressured to finish a piece I enevitably screw up something and end up ripping out a bunch of threads.  It doesn't make for a happy stitcher.

So...I shall go back...take needle to fabric and relax for awhile...

0 comments:

Post a Comment