10 September 2009

Amaya's invitation...


I am so excited about my granddaughter's first birthday. I can't believe it's been a year already...it's flown by.
Yesterday I got her invitations finished and printed out. The wonderful husband had some gray parchment paper laying around. On a whim I tried printing a "trial sample" on it and absolutely fell in love with it. I never would have picked it, assuming an off yellow or green would look good... but it absolutely is the right choice.
The party is gonna be "Hello Kitty" themed (just like her bedroom). Her tante Lisa is going to be making her cake and I'm so excited about it. Lisa is a cake artist... making the most wonderful designs in 3D. I'm absolutely amazed at her creativity and the beautiful work she does. I can't wait.
Today was really a sign fall is on its way. It was chilly and windy...the perfect September day. The chilliness made me crave one of my favorite dishes...chili...so I made it for dinner tonight along with some corn bread. It was delicious, the sauce and whole tomatoes coming from my garden. It literally puts a smile on my face every time I use something I canned myself...

0 comments:

Post a Comment