22 September 2009


No, I do not usually clothes shop ... I can't even begin to tell you the last time I went shopping for clothes, it's been that long ago.  Yesterday I got a real wild hair and decided to break down and go. 

Three pair of cargo pants, three sweaters, three tops, a pocketbook and four and a half hours later I was back home thinking how much fun I'd had.  Yeah, must of been something in the air cause I'm more likely to buy something for someone else other than myself.  The wonderful husband and one of my friends told me it must be a sign I'm feeling better about myself.  I dunno ... either that or I'm tired of the same ole clothes year after year ... finally.

I'm thinking it's more in planning our trip down to Virginia this weekend.  I'm so excited as it's my granddaughter's first birthday.  When I told my mom I'd been shopping she replied "so you won't be wearing the jeans the dog chewed the pocket out of?"  Uhhhh...yeah...so it's been a really long time since I'd been shopping.  She got me my last pocket book ... ten years ago.  I'm not a shopper ... I use or wear something until it wears out. 

I even went to the mall ... I do not like malls.  Seeing as how they  had torn down the Old Navy and Borders in the strip mall beside the JCPenney (when did that happen?!), I really had no choice.  Unfortunately I didn't need to waste my time in the mall.  It seems the only size pants they had were either two's or sixteen's.  What happened to the sizes in between?!  They also didn't have a bookstore in the mall, so I ended up going down the street from us and picking "The Joy Diet" up from the Borders there. 

So ... yeah ... I'm still marveling that I spent four and a half hours shopping yesterday.  I was waiting for a huge thunder storm or something.  Wonder how many more years it'll be before I venture out again?!?

0 comments:

Post a Comment