15 September 2009

Taking care of myself...

This afternoon has been spent making appointments.  Friday is my last day with the partial hospitalization program so I had to call my therapist to see her next week.  I've decided I really need to start caring for myself medically so yesterday was my physical at my general practicioners office.

Today appointments were made for a mammogram and my gynecologist.  I haven't done either for almost five years.  Since I'm close to...or reaching middle age I know these are both very important medical stuff I need to do.

I also had to call my insurance company to see if the psychiatrist recommended to me was in our net work.  Of course not ... so I got a list of five female doctors in the area.  I'd been on the phone for a good while and everyone was very nice and cordial.  I'm always pleasant on the phone ... even if it's to call and bitch about something.  My theory is you can catch more flies with honey than with vinager.

All was going excellent until I called one of the psychiatrist's numbers.  The lady answering the phone only stated "doctors office".  I explained what I was calling for and let her know my insurance company had given me their name.  She put me on hold for a bit and came back ... nasty and rude.  I was going to ask her something and her reply was "before we can do anything I want your insurance company and ID number."  It just hit me the wrong way and I politely replied, "ma'am ... you've been very rude and I'll be calling someone else to set up and appointment...thank you...good-bye."   She tried interrupting me in the middle but I paid no mind.  I stayed pleasant the entire time and patted myself on the back when I hung up.  I prefer not to do business with such people.

So ... my month of October is filling up with all kinds of exciting appointments.  I'm gonna be a new woman when I get all of this taken care of.  Next on the list is my dentist and my ear doctor...

0 comments:

Post a Comment