19 September 2009


Why all the twitching you may ask ... I'm asking the same thing.  This Klonopin withdrawel can last anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months.  I'm hoping mine will be of the couple of weeks type and I can stop this weird twitching and trembling.

I was told Klonopin is a narcotic and affects the central nervous system.  I was also told taking one pill was the equivalent of drinking two large glasses of wine.  When you deny your central nervous system this it complains ... and boy is it complaining.


As I type this my hands will sometimes jump from the key board.  If I'm using the mouse a twitch will cause me to lift my hand completely off the desk.  My legs have their own little dance going on.  It's just a weird feeling ... like I'm no longer in charge of my body parts.  Good thing I'm not a brain surgeon isn't it? 

I still had a productive day and tried to stay busy so I could ignore all the twitches.  Laundry was done, folded and put away.  I've found if I wash my clothes before the wonderful husbands I'm better at getting it folded and put away.  I'm known for leaving my laundry in the dryer for days ... talk about wrinkles.

I felt antsy so snuck out the porch door so the mutleys wouldn't go nuts and headed back to the tomato plants.  They looked so sad withering up and dying for the season.  I plucked any green tomatoes, which were hard as baseballs, and the yucky red ones and threw them in the small compost pile.  (Wow, the compost looks so awesome.  Can't wait to use it next spring.)  The plants themselves went into the large compost pile ... which was looking pretty good itself.  I like to call it "black gold".

I was weary of getting my cross stitch out, but it wasn't too bad.  I would twitch and sometimes have trouble hitting holes, but other than that I was very productive.  This sampler is so much fun to stitch.  For one thing the linen is so very soft it feels silky when I handle it.  Another plus is I'm doing this "in hand" instead of on a hoop.  I love, love, love stitching in hand.  It's so relaxing and calming.

This afternoon I decided to take a nap and sleep off some of the twitches.  To be honest I was getting irritated with them and wanted a break.  I didn't feel the least bit guilty like I can sometimes.  I felt like with my productive morning I deserved it ...

1 comments:

Ms. Becky said...

I was taking the highest dose allowed, 4 mg/day. It was a long road. You are in my thoughts. :)

Post a Comment